If your visa has expired and you are still in the United States, you may be able to apply for a visa extension or change of status to extend your stay legally. Here are the steps you can take to renew your visa:

  1. Determine if you are eligible for an extension or change of status: You can check the eligibility requirements on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.
  2. Complete the necessary forms: You will need to complete Form I-539 (Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status) and any other forms required for your specific situation.
  3. Gather supporting documents: You will need to provide evidence to support your application, such as financial documentation, employment documentation, and proof of your ties to your home country.
  4. Submit your application: You can submit your application and supporting documents by mail to USCIS or online through their website.
  5. Wait for a decision: USCIS will review your application and may request additional information or documents. Once a decision is made, you will be notified by mail.

It is important to note that it is always best to renew your visa before it expires. If you let your visa expire and do not take steps to renew it, you may be subject to deportation or other legal consequences. If you have any questions or concerns about renewing your visa, you should contact an immigration attorney or the USCIS for guidance.

By Joshi