There are several helplines and support services available for children in the United States. Here are some of them:
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: This hotline provides crisis intervention and support to victims of child abuse. Call 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) or visit their website at www.childhelp.org.
- National Runaway Safeline: This hotline provides support and resources to youth who have run away from home or are at risk of running away. Call 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or visit their website at www.1800runaway.org.
- Boys Town National Hotline: This hotline provides support and resources to youth and families in crisis. Call 1-800-448-3000 or visit their website at www.boystown.org/hotline.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: This hotline provides crisis intervention and support to individuals who are in emotional distress or at risk of suicide. Call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or visit their website at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
- The Trevor Project: This organization provides support and resources to LGBTQ youth who are in crisis or at risk of suicide. Call their hotline at 1-866-488-7386 or visit their website at www.thetrevorproject.org.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: This organization provides mentoring services to children and youth facing adversity. Visit their website at www.bbbs.org.
It is important to know that there are resources and support available for children who may be facing various challenges. These helplines and organizations provide confidential and non-judgmental support to those in need.